For your first date all you’ll want to do is get to the second one. Chances are, if he wanted to go on a first date, he’s interested. All you have to do is not spoil it and comfort will build over time! Here’s a few tips on how to survive the first date.
As a dating coach, I’ve heard plenty of stories about first dates gone wrong. The problem is usually the same: you broke the main rule of first dates!
Tip: Be positive!
That’s right, this probably sounds simpler than it actually is. Your guy could be really attracted to you in the first place, but if you start to feed him negative thoughts on the first date, he’ll likely associate those feelings with you and you’ll creep him out.
You must talk about things you like to make sure there’s a positive vibe going on. Enjoy what you’re discussing!
However, you must avoid the following subjects:
- Exes: Probably one of the most common traps you can fall into. Don’t talk about past relationships, especially if they were shipwrecks!
- Flaws and pet peeves: You’ll have plenty of time to discuss this once your relationship is rock solid. For now keep them to yourself!
- Deep emotions: You cannot fall in love in the first date or he’ll sense you’re desperate. This also means you should try to avoid using of the word ‘we’ as in ‘you and him’.
Oh this reminds me…
Tip: Don’t chase your date!
That’s right, the key is playing it cool. You want to make sure that you haven’t made up your mind on whether you want to be with him or not. Remember: this is the first date! If it’s true that you’re not sure whether you want to be with him, then it’ll be much easier, so try to get some other suitors around you. If it’s not, don’t worry, you can fake it ‘til you make it!
On the other hand, you should not pretend like you don’t like him at all. Playing too hard to get could turn him off, which is the opposite of what you want!
Let me stress that…
Tip: Don’t overdo it!
This also applies to a wide range of other things, such as:
- Don’t drink too much: Alcohol can smoothen things up a little, but if you get too drunk he will start feeling sorry for you and it will kill attraction.
- Don’t talk too much: Silence is not uncomfortable. It’s when you two can connect on a deeper level. So make sure there’s a few pauses around, and try to give him some eye contact to escalate the sexual tension.
In a final note, don’t forget that this is your first date and…
Tip: Focus on each other!
Don’t give wandering looks, and listen to what he’s telling you. This will make it much more comfortable for the both of you and you’ll likely enjoy a nice first date.
I hope these first date tips helped you out. If you need more information, you can check out ‘The Woman Men Adore… and Never Want to Leave’, which contains an unbelievable amount of advice on the subject of dating men.
Go get him girl!