To be fair, there’s only one way to know if a guy likes you: asking him. However, this is a terrible approach, because you don’t want to risk rejection. Lucky you, there are a few subtle indicators of interest you can watch out for which will tell you almost for sure where he stands.
The first you want to check out is his body language.
- You may know this guy well. If you know he’s kind of shy or really into you, he might get a little bit nervous around you. If he moves his hands around a lot, if he fidgets, then he’s probably nervous.
- Another sign that he’s interested could be that he laughs or giggles at everything you say, even if it’s not really that funny. This could be out of nervousness too, or also because he’s trying to qualify you, that is, show that he appreciates what you are saying.
- When you are talking, check out where his feet are standing. If they are placed so that his whole body faces you, it means he is interested. Also pay attention to whether he leans in when he talks to you. These two indicators are very common and you can notice them right away, even with guys you just met at the club.
- Eye contact is crucial here too. When you look at him and he looks at you, if he’s interested, either he will look away quickly because he was ‘caught’, or he’ll hold that eye contact to build up the tension between the two of you.
- On a side note, some guys may try to make you jealous by talking to other girls. You can pick up on that if you catch him throwing quick looks at you while he speaks to them. He just wants to know whether you’re noticing him displaying his pre-selection by other women.
Now, let’s talk a little about conversation…
- When you two are talking, does he talk a lot about himself? It doesn’t have to mean he’s self-centered; he could very well be trying to impress you.
- On the other hand, does he mention little things you’ve said in the past? The fact that he does this means he’s paying a great deal of attention to your words, which implies that he may like you.
- And just how much interest does he show in stuff you like or do? If he’s into you, he’ll probably ask questions about things that are not really that interesting, not because he’s interested in those things, but rather because he’s interested in you.
- To finish with conversation, I have to tell you that if he’s teasing you a lot, especially if he does it to you only, it could be a sign that he likes you.
Finally, I’d like to advise you that one of your best tools for finding out if a guy likes you are friends.
- If he does, his friends will very likely know about it, and they’ll joke about it when you are around, so watch out to see if they bust his balls.
- To wrap it up, you can use a friend to do a little test and see how he responds. Have someone you trust tell him you two would make a great couple. If he says he thinks so, or even if he says he doesn’t know, it means that he probably feels something for you.
I hope you find out that he does like you. If you’re not sure yet, you can check out ‘Men Made Easy’, which contains a lot more information on the subject. Also, if you’re positive he doesn’t like you, don’t worry! The book will give you a step-by-step strategy to make him fall for you.